IT Solution Architect – Core Systems
As a member of the Enterprise Architecture team, the core systems solution architect is responsible to collect business objectives, generate technical roadmaps, develop technical strategies, and propose solution options & recommendations that are applicable across the entire business. The solution architect works with business stakeholders in Sales, Finance, Product management, Pricing, and Supply Chain to deliver core systems capabilities and solutions.
The solution architect will work with the delivery teams to ensure that the right work is being delivered and will also work with the business to guide and educate on the correct way to position our solutions. This position requires a strong technical consulting background and will be tasked with conducting technical discovery sessions and driving the design of the solution. The ideal candidate will be focused on continuous improvement and learning, drive towards solutions both independently and within teams to help shape the future core systems capabilities for the company.
• Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
• Define and own end-to-end architecture of core systems projects from definition to go-live phase
• Provide solution architecture and design, perform gap analysis between business requirements and platform features.
• Provide technical consultation, architectural blueprints, and technical leadership to our IT team
• Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously
• Maintain technical knowledge of ERP platforms, supply chain systems, customizations, and 3rd Party Integrations.
• Design, and drive continues improvement of systems and related business processes.
• Work with technical leads and other solution architects to ensure solutions are scalable, adaptable, and aligned with changing business needs.
• Develop current and future state architecture for all domains within core systems.
• Collaborate with other architects and business analysts to develop common Enterprise Architecture directive when business needs overlap such as Finance, Sales, and Customer Experience.
• Create technical documentation that include data mappings, definition of systems of record.
Qualifications & Education
• 10+ years of related work experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
• Experience in developing cost-effective, highly scalable, and available secure enterprise ERP, Inventory, Pricing, and/or Warehouse solutions at scale.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Supply Chain business capabilities including Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Finance to Manage, Supply chain Planning & Logistics.
• Strong business process knowledge in Sales, Finance, Supply chain, Distribution and Wholesale.
• Deep hands on Functional and Technical experience in multiple Supply Chain technologies: ERP (Oracle, Epicor Eclipse, SAP), Inventory Management, Transportation Management etc.
• Epicor Eclipse experience is a plus.
• Full lifecycle ERP implementation experience.
• Experience in technology migration & modernization efforts: ex: Monolith to Microservices; On-Prem to Cloud; System & Service Decomposition; Strategic Domain Driven Design
• Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise applications, suites, and platforms
• Experienced with application lifecycle management processes (SDLC etc)
• Experience in Financial planning, portfolio planning, business analysis and TCO models
• Knowledge of IT governance and operations
• Project/Program management experience
• Expert communication skills, written & spoken with ability to speak to all levels of the company: C-Suite to Individual Operators and Engineers
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation across teams